Monday, May 17, 2010

Update on the boys - May 17,2010

Sorry for the delay in updating the blog. The boys are all doing really good. They have all moved into the final room/stage of the NICU. The doctors still think that the boys will be in the NICU until their due date (June 24) or might come home a few weeks before that. We are now able to hold the boys and help with their feedings twice a day. Here is an update on each of the boys.

Colin
Colin is the smallest of the 3, but he is progressing just like his brothers. Colin has had some problems with jaundice and so he has been a grayish color the past few days, but he is coming out of it and turning back to his normal color. He also does a pretty good job eating from a bottle. He is still in an issolette which helps him regulate his body temperature.

Colby
Colby is doing really well. He is getting bigger every day. He now weighs over 5lbs. He is doing a good job breathing on his own. He is in an open crib and is working on regulating his own body temperature. He does a pretty job eating from a bottle, but he has his moments where he just wants it sent down his feeding tube. He loves to open his eyes and smile when he is being held.




Carson
Carson is doing a great job at keeping his body temperature. He has been in an open crib for several days and is doing great. He is growing each day too. He loves to be held and talked to.











4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys! The boys are adorable, and I am glad they are doing so well. Colby looks just like you Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, they are so adorable. I'm so happy they are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates Mike. We love to keep up with the boys. Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I didn't realize you had so many updates on your blog! I had so much fun going through and reading each post. I love that video of Colby looking around. He is so alert! I love when babies go cross-eyed!

    We love you so so so so much and pray for you!

    ReplyDelete